Friday 7 September 2007

Me

Considering I won't be around for a while, I've decided to tell you who I am and my story. Because if the Order know then there's no point in hiding it anymore.

My name is Jack Doherty. I was born on the 12th of January, 1984.
I was once a member of the Hymn of One, so were my parents, my two older brothers. And my younger sister. Evelyn.
I grew up in an urban district just outside of Drogheda and that's where my parents first started getting into the workings of the HoO. My father became a Deacon, and at first I didn't know what that was, but now I know all too well. My mother was equally as obsessed with the religion and she brainwashed us day in and day out, but it wasn't until they came for Evey that I woke up to what was going on. She was sixteen years old when they came for her.
My brothers professed innocence and claimed it was for a greater good. But she was terrified. I tried fighting with them and arguing with my parents. But it did no good.
The Order took her. And the Order killed her.
I tried to avenge her as best as I could. Only nineteen years old when she died. I took my father's gun and shot him. I hated him for what he had done, for what he had let them do to her.
Evelyn screamed and begged for him to let her go, to take her home to her mother and family as they drained the life out of her on that table.
So I killed him. And I ran. And I kept running for what seemed like a lifetime, from city to city, trying to avoid being seen or caught. That was when I met the Resistance, and Switch and Echelon and the others. We all had been jilted by the Order in some way.
Echelon lost his home, Silver lost his mother. Switch...well she lost nothing. Lying bitch.
But I guess it's all history now. We made contact with other Resistance groups around the world and established a plan over the last 3 years to take down the Order here.
And then LonelyGirl15 came onto the scene and the world saw what was happening. We thought they would wake up and the Order was finished. But it didn't work out that way.
Bree died and now they have a new girl. Kate, in London. And because of Switch we're as good as dead.
So I guess this is it from me. Wish me luck and I hope to get back to Ireland as soon as I can.
But I fear that might be longer than I can bear and I'll get myself killed.
It has been a pleasure, my friends.
Monark out.

No comments: